On many accounts, one will read that to enjoy Good FengShui, one must be located in a spot embraced by the Green Dragon, White Tiger, Black Turtle and Red Phoenix. This is UNTRUE. Observation and case study revealed, 2 stalls selling the same local delicacies (Nyonya Kuih) labeled “A” and “B”, same sitting and facing, side by side with NO Green Dragon, White Tiger, Black Turtle and Red Phoenix embraces, same pricing, same Deco but stall “A” strive better as compared to stall “B”. The ultimate question is WHY?
Friday, August 30, 2013
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Calling FengShui as Chinese Metaphysics is just another naming convention. The tag 'meta' only denotes that 2 fundamentals of FengShui that are still not scientifically proven. One is Qi existence and the other, its unit measurement. In a nutshell, it is a paradigm, not a science.
Similarly, the notable 5 arts are grouped together as a convention rather then specific classifications. The 5 arts interlace one another in a flux, not in duality.
Advertising a course as techniques that can can cure the sick, enrich the poor and smartened the dull is a nicer way to say it is a magician making FengShui course. The Chinese called it the Art of the Immortal. Yet, the teacher is only a mortal. Now, that is a sheer contradiction.
It is only true that cure the sick, enrich the poor and smartened the dull are among the many reasons, why people are willing to invest hard earned money into this branch of metaphysics. Without such abilities, it does not worth its charms. FengShui consumers want miracles. Miracle is FengShui's commodities. In Maoist's view, it is the opium of the people.
FengShui methods that delivers such miracle is hard to come by. If the method works, it must work for everyone without exception. This in turn, is called consistency. The litmus test is its ability to bring about measurable results.
Measurable results are statistical benchmarks set prior to the makeover, for example 50% increase in current sales value, better academic results in the next semester or improvement in human relationship. Sale increments are the easiest to benchmark. That is one reason commercial FengShui is so much easier to measure outcomes
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Back in Sept 2012, I have written extensively on the Trilogy of The SanHe Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of The 24 Mountains, The Two Mountains and Return of The Seam Needle. It is interesting to note that Skinner mentioned about the “Outer Heaven Plate” being the Seam Needle in his LuoPan Compendium. The “Outer Heaven Plate” consists of the followings: -
1. The 28 Asterisms.
2. The 365 Degree of the Asterisms.
3. Annotation to the Degree of the Asterisms.
4. 60+ Contracting and Expanding Dragons.
These are grouped as “outer” because it comes after the YangGong’s Heaven Ring. In some Chinese LuoPan, this “outer heaven” plate is given some special rendition such as XieZi, LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 60 Dragon, MingShi PanXian 明師盤 Gold Division and so forth.
Very little is written about this in the English literature. Google LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 and MingShi PanXian 明師盤線, 2 thick Chinese books written respectively by Chen YiCheng 陳怡誠 revealed. These books appeared to be laden with formulas and charts describing the application of LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 and MingShi PanXian 明師盤線. However, the actual contents related to LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 and MingShi PanXian 明師盤線 is very minimal and ambiguous in nature. It generally specifies the usage of the “outer heaven plate”.
In relation to LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏, the salient features are: -
1. Verifying the spot based on Degree of the Asterisms.
2. Degree of the Asterisms as the Host, 28 Asterisms elements is the Guest.
3. 5 elemental interplay justify the Degree to be usable or unusable.
4. Based on this spot sitting, deduced the DaGua elements using the 60+ Contracting and Expanding Dragons.
5. Some permutation using NaJia is required.
6. Similarly, water locations at the embrace must conform to 5 elemental interplay.
7. This is also known as Six Relationship六親/ LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 water method 水法.
In relation to MingShi PanXian 明師盤線, the salient features are: -
1. As the 1st book did not specify incoming or outgoing water in the Six Relationship 六親/ LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 water method水法, MingShi PanXian 明師盤線 attempt to justify incoming or outgoing water positions.
2. The justification uses YangGong 12 growth phases.
The drawbacks are: -
1. It never specifies which sets of 28 Asterism to use, knowing well that the 28 Asterism has since shifted?
2. It did not clarify the origin of the LianShan GuiChang 连山归藏 elements attached to the 60+ Contracting and Expanding Dragons.
3. Constructing the DaGua Hexagram and assigning its elements are hilarious.
4. Ultimately, it has to succumb to use YangGong 12 growth phases to justify water exits.
If you have paid heftily for those courses that were taught based on the methods of these books, GOOD LUCK!