Some articles that we have written have invited many feedbacks. One notable response is as the followings: -
“…Out of all systems of Chinese metaphysics that I have seen and tried so far, this XKDG is the one I am most convinced that it is nothing but a useless superstition, no substance at all in it. The system itself had too much of an artificial feel to me. And when it put it to some test on a few thousand data, I couldn't find even the slightest indication that there is any truth in it… Danny VdB”
There is very little written on this subject in the English medium. However, whatever that is written in the Chinese medium is ought to have been taken with a pinch of salt as these are only personal opinion of the writer. The only single source is from the original classic of this matter called DiLi BianZheng (DLBZ) or nicknamed, Earth Study Discern Truth of which of which Zeng YongXin has given an excellent rendition to it as a verbatim translation without commentary.
DLBZ is a compilation of commentaries of the 4 classics of FengShui literatures by the late Grandmaster Jiang DaHong (JDH) and his disciple. He is well known of the followings: -
1. Heaven Will shall not be disclosed, therefore he is lip tied.
2. Parted with 6 known disciples, each been endowed with a treasure from him such as, one was given his LuoPan, one with his written book, another with verbal instruction and so on so forth.
3. None of his disciple has a complete transmission of knowledge.
4. Among his disciples, Grandmaster Zang ZhongShan was claimed to have stood out to be the most accomplished XuanKong masters.
A close inspection on these, it may seem that: -
1. JDH will never disclose what he knew.
2. Even his LuoPan has no XKDG rings.
3. All that is said and practice as prescribed in books are “new” inventions with many unresolved “controversies”.
Does it mean to say that XKDG is just another hoax?
XKDG, liked many others is just a name. If one doesn’t like to call it XKDG, just call it by another name such as DiLi DaGua or alike. Likewise, XuanKong is only a subset of SanYuan. Search within SanYuan, one is able to distill out the significant of the SanYuan DiLi principles, which is surprisingly an extension of SanHe.
Perhaps, there is truth that the macro view of DaGua is in the principles of the Eight Mansions yet the roots are in the Astronomy. Why on earth are the QianKun does not belong to any of the 12 Zodiac palaces as shown in the above diagram?
Clue is given and Happy Hunting!