We attempted to put up a brief history of FengShui based on fragmented pieces here and there. Such history can be so distorted as its sometimes bias towards a superiority of a certain lineages. Mainstream history of FengShui easily traced back to Yang JunSong, has so many versions, compounded with all sorts of hearsay and jargon such as: -
- Some believes that Lai BuYi is the direct disciple of YangGong, while others differ.
- Similarly, Liu JiangDong, as some may associate him as the contemporary of YangGong, while others claimed that he is one of YangGong's disciple.
- Classics are subjected to be copied, modify, re-authored and simply claimed to have been written by someone else or even anonymous authorship made research into the history of FengShui difficult. Scholars ended up disagreeing based on literary style.
- Classical sources were written in a poetic manner where style takes precedent over substances and thus made legibility and understanding difficult. Hand copied versions through the ages resulted in many human errors added up to its inaccuracy.
- Historical account of book burning by insane emperor and dictator made cross references of ancient knowledge difficult with unknown source.
- Dispute among lineages within the same school created many other versions, modified to suit one's interpretation.
- Methods were actually scriptures kept in the imperial library as the most authentic version and sages whom are the keeper of the imperial archive benefited.
- Unofficial sources from strange individuals of unknown origin may sometimes bridges the missing link.
- Time tested methods such as land form principles take precedent over formula. All others are just good in theory bad in applications.
- Sages of different times have their roles and they are remembered based on their deeds and not their words.
We brought to you some of the findings of the historical aspect of FengShui and this version is an ordinary one subject to further refinement. Should there be any constructive criticism, we would like to hear from you and improved accordingly. Drop us an email, we shall give you the access password.
Click this LINK to download.